Fire Crisis & Damage Overview
Fire happens when you least expect it – and can be sparked from some common sources: Electrical malfunctions, space heaters, candles, kitchen fires, and even holiday decorations can all start a devastating blaze.
Even after the fire is out, danger lingers. Ash and smoke can corrode surfaces, hazardous chemicals and odors may be released, and the structural integrity of your home may be compromised. You could also encounter water damage from the fire department.
Emergency Mitigation Services wants to get your family back in your home as quickly as possible. Our rapid response team is standing by to guide you through the cleanup process and help you mitigate any ongoing damage. Call our 24/7 emergency service number at (913) 773-6777 to start the disaster recovery process today.
Fire Disaster Tips
After a fire the safety of your family is first and foremost. Only re-enter the building after told it is safe to do so or with a qualified guide.
- Take photos and make an inventory of damaged furniture, appliances and housewares.
- Don’t turn on electrical items or appliances until you are told it is safe to do so.
- Don’t wipe down soot on the walls, it is needed for your insurance claim.
- If you are able, elevate furniture. Remember, most items will be full of water and can be very heavy to move – be careful!
- If you are unable to elevate the furniture, wrap the bottoms in tin foil to protect them from further water damage.
- Replace the HVAC filter.
- Tape damp cheesecloth over air registers to collect smoke and soot.
- If you are able, open windows to let the air out.
Why Choose Us?
Fast Service to Any Size Disaster
Highly Trained Professionals
Advanced Tools and Equipment
Emergency Contact & Dispatch
Contact the pros at EMS for same-day service. When you need help, we will be there to guide you through restoring your business following any disaster.
A certified EMS serviceman will inspect your water crisis and determine the appropriate approach for damage mitigation.
During a water crisis, quick action makes all the difference. Once we have owner approval EMS works quickly to get your business up and running again.
During a water crisis the first order of business is usually to extract water from the premises. EMS has all the equipment needed to extract water and/or sewage and will work quickly to set up dryers. EMS is also certified to apply any needed sanitation chemicals.
A water crisis can take days to completely dry out. EMS will supervise the drying and dehumidification process with regular monitoring.
Insurance Adjuster Review
EMS can help you navigate filing an insurance claim for your business. We work closely with your insurance to get you back in business.
When the water crisis is over, restoration can begin. Talk to EMS about their list of qualified restoration partners who can help with everything from rebuilding to re-painting.